What are the top Christmas gifts & toys for boys 2020? With thousands of gift ideas for kids, here’s our ultimate selection to help you buy the best surprise gift ever!
All kids wait for Christmas morning to open up their presents, and we definitely don’t want to disappoint them. And that’s where the pressure comes in from. Looking for the perfect toy to gift your cute little boy might not be all that easy, hence the need for a guide.
You don’t have to hop from one website to another looking for different toys because we have compiled a list of the best in one piece for you, making it easier to make a selection. Some of these toys are educational, fun to play with, developmental, and everything in between. We’ve included the pros and cons of each item to ensure that you make an informed decision. This is not the year to disappoint that youngster. See our top pick below!
Best Christmas Toys & Gifts for Boys
- Why we choose it: Popular, perfect for entertaining, and every gamer’s favorite. It also gives a great gaming experience with friends and family members.
- The type of gift: video game
Are you planning to surprise your little guy this Christmas? We guarantee you that he will love Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, especially if he is a fan of video games. No more boring travels because he can play anytime and anywhere through its handheld mode. The game also allows up to eight playing buddies to battle all day, giving them endless fun and fantastic entertainment experience. The latest version has new characters such as the Inkling boy and the Inkling Girl from Splatoon, Dry Bones, and the King Boo.
- The game is easy for new players
- It is in the handheld mode hence can be played anywhere
- Gives endless fun to players
- Allows up to eight playing pals
- Can be played by the whole family
- Connectivity issues when playing online
- Why we choose it: Perfect for family & Child Care. It gives all the fun through interactive learning. It is also an incredible gift that promotes vocabulary skills.
- The type of gift: intelligence toy
Let your youngster meet the learning friends this Christmas! The 100 words book is an incredibly fantastic gift that can be used by kids and the family altogether. We included it on our list because of its outstanding features. It comes with adorable pals like tiger, turtle, and monkey to introduce kids to new vocabularies. Don’t worry about these words as they are age-appropriate for your kid. Each page has pictures, and words, fun facts, sounds, and music for him to have a thrilling moment. You might also find its bilingual play and the 12 learning categories quite interesting.
- It is easy to use
- A great learning tool for family and kids
- Enhances vocabulary skills
- It is adorable and fun
- It has bright and colorful pictures
- Comes with tons of songs, phrases, words, and sentences
- Requires 2 AA batteries
- Durability issues- the front cover might not last long
- The sensors of the book are susceptible
- Why we choose it: Good for health and every kid’s favorite because everything about it is well-blended. It is also available in a variety of colors.
- The type of gift: Riding tool
Razor A Kick Scooter will offer your young man safety, quality, service, and style. Isn’t that amazing? We always want the best for our kids, and this gift will bring nothing else but joy and happiness to that cute boy you have on board. The Razor A kick scooter was built to last from day one using durable aluminum and lightweight construction. It is easy to use because all a kid needs to do is unfold and go. Just that! No time is wasted to assemble. The handlebars are adjustable to give your son a perfect ride, and that’s why we love it for a gift.
- The manufacturer built it to last
- No assembly required s it comes ready to ride
- The quality is uncompromised
- It is lightweight
- Handlebars are adjustable
- The wheels are too small
- A bit challenging to fold
- Not for adults
- Why we choose it: Healthy hopping for kids as it encourages them to become more active while keeping fit. It can also be used anywhere, both indoors and outdoors.
- The type of gift: Jumping toy
Does your kid spend most of his time on the sofa watching all day long? This jump and squeak pogo hopper will be a great gift as an alternative to screen time. We adore the pogo stick because it has a lot to offer, and we believe you’ll also find an exciting gift. It gives kids hours of healthy, bouncy fun without any compromise. It is constructed of durable foam and designed for indoor and outdoor use. Your kid will learn to balance and improve his gross motor skills and hand-eye coordination. The services are also incredibly exceptional and seamless as the manufacturer accepts you to return the pogo stick if you don’t like it but within 30 days.
- Strengthens motor skills
- Has healthy benefits
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Promotes hand-eye coordination
- A great alternative to screen time
- It features fun characters and colors
- Not for kids under three years
- Why we choose it: Has parent-friendly features & educational to kids. It is a perfect gift to rock out, giving kids drum freestyle as they enjoy the music.
- The type of gift: Learning toy
We love every single thing about the VTech KidiBeats Drum Set, and you’ll see too! The features of the toy are attractive and intended for children. It comes with drumsticks designed to tap the cymbal and drum pads. These sticks produce unique sounds for sensory development. Also, the drum set offers nine melodies for never-ending fun. It is educational and allows your chap to have that mesmerizing experience of a real drummer. The four ways to play the drum: follow me, alphabets, number jams, and freestyle. So your kid can play the one that excites him the most.
- It is educational
- Fun to play
- Can be played in four different ways
- The toolbox is toddler-friendly
- It can shut-off automatically hence preserving the battery
- Will require new batteries for regular use
- The toy contains marble, thus not recommendable for kids under three years as they could chock
- Why we choose it: Trendy & practical. It also comes in the right size, not too small and not too big. The fabric is water-repellent hence ready for anything.
- The type of gift: Backpack
This lightweight backpack never disappoints! Your kid needs to gear up, grab, and go. Its stunningly beautiful look and quality caught my attention, and that’s why it is among the top picks. If your little man has a favorite color, there are more than 30 different colors to choose from. Let him have a taste of style by getting one for him this Christmas. Its features include a web haul handle, a roomy compartment, a front pocket with an organizer, and a bad padded panel.
- It is comfortable to carry
- Super reliable
- It has a durable construction
- The main compartment is large
- Very basic
- The zipper is a bit rough
- Why we choose it: Drives kids into fantastic learning fun. The toy also encourages development and fine motor skills.
- The type of gift: Imaginative toy
If your baby boy pretends to drive, this VTech Turn steering wheel toy is a must buy. Your kid only needs to press the colorful buttons on the toy to introduce different vehicles and animals. The toy was designed to encourage imaginative play through the signal lever that triggers fun music and sounds, and traffic light. Kids can interact with the toy all day as they learn and play. Safety rules of the road are also included as features to make your kid feel like a real driver.
- It’s a great early learning toy
- Encourages imaginative play
- Promotes a kid’s development and motor skills
- Provides lots of fun
- Perfect for baby language
- The sounds can be annoying to parents
- Why we choose it: Award winner and trusted by most families. Parents, kids, and teachers love it. Playing with this Zingo Bingo also improves language skills.
- The type of gift: Brain game
ThinkFun Zingo Bingo is easy, fun, and fast-paced, and your kid will undoubtedly love it. You’ll also find this pre-reading game fun and a great holiday present for that youngster you have at hand. Although it’s a challenging activity, it is amusing and perfect to develop your kid’s critical thinking skills. Zingo is constructed with high-quality components like cards and a zinger device to delight players of all ages. It also comes with easy to understand instruction manual for your kid to start playing and having fun right away.
- Perfect gift for critical thinking skills
- The instruction manual is easy to understand
- Promotes matching and language skills
- The game is fun for kids and family members
- Has only 24 different words
- Why we choose it: Educational, builds motor skills and is loved by all kids. It is an excellent toy for early learning that promotes cause and effect and introduces numbers.
- The type of gift: sports toy
This gift will undoubtedly turn out to be your kid’s favorite toy. The basketball hoop sports center allows kids to toss and kick the ball, enhancing their motor skills. It is also an incredible toy for discovery and exploration as your little man can press the shape or turn the gears to present numbers, shapes, and lively sounds. We picked the toy for its amusing 50 plus songs, sounds, melodies, and phrases, which encourages fun moments. Not to mention your kid can choose to play in two different ways: score a goal or shoot a basket with either the soccer ball or basketball provided.
- Builds motor skills
- Great toy to enhance kid’s curiosity
- It introduces numbers, shapes, and playful sounds
- It is easy to assemble
- Requires 3 AA batteries
- Not very sturdy
- Only for young kids
- Why we choose it: Offers tons of fun & loved by kids. The truck comes loaded with balls of similar sizes. Also, it has buttons that say different phrases without repeating all the time.
- The type of gift: Learning toy
We suggest that you buy this colorful truck for your baby boy as a Christmas gift because we know he will love all the fun it has to offer. It is quite fascinating to pull and push the truck around as the balls roll into the yellow bed. Kids can learn numbers as it drops colorful rocks and tumbles into the bucket. They can also learn about colors and tools and push the three colorful buttons to hear beautiful melodies and phrases. The hinged bucket is used to unload the colorful rocks making it even more enjoyable.
- Develops motor skills
- It is interactive
- Its colorful nature is attractive
- Perfect for early education
- Requires new 2 AAA batteries for regular use
- The string is too little
- Why we choose it: Adored by kids and the perfect pop-up play tent. Also, the playhouse is 100% safe for kids for both outdoor and indoor use.
- The type of gift: Playhouse tent
This fabulous playhouse is perfect for babies, toddlers, and kids. It is easy to set-up since no tools are required, and comes with an assembly instruction manual, so that is less of your concerns. The play tent will also give you ample time to do the clean-up as it is a built-in water-resistant fabric that you can easily clean with mild soap, damp cloth, and water. It is spacious enough, and parents can monitor their kids. This privacy tent is breathable as it comes with meshed windows for ventilation, so your kid will be completely safe.
- Easy to assemble and quick to clean
- The playset is breathable due to its mesh windows and wide door
- It is spacious for comfortable playtime
- Kids can use it to play both indoors and outdoors
- Not very sturdy
- The polyester fabric can tear easily
- Why we choose it: Perfect gift for fun and adventure. This kid-powered trike also boosts leg muscles and helps strengthen gross motor skills, including coordination and balance.
- The type of gift: Riding toy
Your little man will certainly love cruising on this gorgeous Harley-Davidson Tough Trike. It is a great gift to allow young bikers to have fun while rolling from one adventure to the next. Do you want your kid to have miles of smiles this holiday? This is the ideal gift to buy for him. It has phenomenal graphics and styling, with a storage compartment to hide toys, snacks, and other essential kids’ stuff. The reason we included this easy rider in our list is its kid-friendly features: stable wheelbase, comfy seat, and easy-to-grip handlebars.
- Easy to put together
- Helps in strengthening gross motor skills
- The handlebars are easy to grip
- The seat is comfortable for your kid
- It is sturdy
- The tires are durable
- Only for taller kids with long legs to reach the pedals
- Needs adult supervision
- Why we choose it: Kids love building Minecraft toys as it features the Minecraft video game. The toy is simple and fun, and that makes it perfect for novice players.
- The types of gifts: creativity toy
If your kid has never tried LEGO Minecraft toy before, don’t worry because it comes with an instruction manual that is easy to follow. Even a parent who has never built a Lego set previously can easily figure it out. The design is adorable due to its accurate Minecraft cave, and the set characters look a lot like the ones in the video game. The fun comes in when your kid will build and rebuild the pieces as much as he wants, giving him hours of creative and imaginative play.
- Allows kids to create their adventures
- Promotes creativity and imagination
- Gives kids hours of fun
- The kit has super cute characters
- The small pieces are hazardous to children below 3 years
- Why we choose it: Perfect playset for imaginative play. It inspires kids to spend endless hours of fun building and rebuilding various sea creatures.
- The types of gifts: Imaginative toy
Let your baby boy enjoy sea life adventures this Christmas with LEGO Creator 3in1 Deep Sea Creatures set. Your kid can use his creativity to construct his own animal with this incredible build and rebuild ocean play set. He creates from a scary shark, a crab to a mouthed Angler fish. The set will allow him to create as many toy animal figures as he wishes, and you can also join in to help when he is stuck. We like the set because your little guy can use these awesome sea creatures to dive into the world of imagination.
- Gives kids fun hours building and rebuilding
- Boosts creativity and imagination
- Provides three different builds and play experiences
- It is easy to assemble the pieces
- Not for kids below 7 years as small parts are a choking hazard
- Why we choose it: A great inspiration to any young scientist. It is also incredible learning set to excite curious minds while digging up more fun.
- The type of gift: Learning toy
Is your little boy science-minded or aspires to become a scientist in the future? This is an ideal gift he should meet in the surprise box this Christmas. It is a complete learning kit that will allow him to dig up a real dinosaur, shark, and mosasaurs, brachiopods, and ammonite’s fossils. The package includes excavation tools like chisel, brush, the trade, and magnifying glass to make the digging activity easy. We guarantee you 100% satisfaction as the kit provides a fun and fascinating educational opportunities.
- It is fun and educational
- Comes with 15 real fossils
- It has a leaning guide
- It is a perfect gift to inspire young scientists
- The scary powder can make the digging messy
- Requires patient, gentle, and careful kid
- Why we choose it: Helps kids go through different development stages. The seat is also interactive and expands the play while encouraging coordination and gross motor skills.
- The type of gift: interactive chair
It’s a perfect gift for kids to sit and discover new things. Apart from its adorable look, this toddler chair has a lot more to offer, and we believe you’ll find it captivating. It has 50 plus tunes, sing-along songs, and phrases that introduce kids to shapes, numbers, words, colors, and many more. It is built with buttons to press that introduces little ones to cause and effects. There is also a book for your kid to turn from one page to another. So, this smart stage chair has lots of busy activities to keep your chap fully engaged.
- Offers lots of activities to keep kids busy
- Has different smart stages for development purposes
- Strengthens coordination and gross motor skills
- Has appropriate songs for kids
- It is fun and fabulous
- Only for small kids
- Requires 3 AA batteries
- Why we choose it: Perfect gift that encourages kids to go outside and offers lots of fun. Also, it is great for imaginative play.
- The type of gift: Outdoor play toy
This tough roll ride will allow your kiddo to get out and play. I know this year most kids have spent their time indoors due to the pandemic, and that’s why we suggest this incredible toy as it encourages them to get outside. We have no doubts that your little man will enjoy playing with this big dig in your home playground and backyard sandbox. The toy will allow your kid to use his imagination and also help him build confidence. Not forgetting, it is a great gift for all seasons.
- Encourages kids to use their imaginations
- Great for all seasons
- It is built tough with a contoured seat, wide base, and sturdy metal
- Encourages kids to go outside
- Fun for kids and gives them real experience
- It is easy to assemble
- Has a weight limit of 110 lbs.
- Why we choose it: Great for building leg and hips muscles. It also has plenty of developmental and health benefits for kids.
- The type of gift: Jumping toy
Kids enjoy bouncing around, and I thought this would be an incredible gift for your young man. The Flybar Foam Master Pogo Stick will entertain your energetic kiddo all day long. It is a great exercise tool for burning calories in just an hour leaving your kid fit, and that’s why we included it in our top picks. Another thing to adore about this toy is that its vulnerable components like foot pegs and handgrips are replaceable. Don’t worry about safety as the manufacturer constructed it well.
- It is comfortable and sturdy with non-slip foot pegs
- Safe and secure for children
- Its metal construction is heavy-duty; designed to last long
- A great toy to learn balance and coordination skills
- It is a fun and exciting tool for exercise
- The strings are too stiff
- Has a weight limit of between 80 to 120 pounds
- Why we choose it: The toy allows kids to relish hours of interactive playtime by sliding, rolling, and flipping the fun features it comes with, promoting their development.
- The type of gift: Discovery toy
Your kid will explore and learn with this remarkable VTech Sort and Discover Activity Cube. Nothing makes us feel good like seeing our little ones enjoy and engage with toys during playtime, and this discovery cube is a must buy. The cube will allow your little one to gain developmental benefits through the fun activities it has in store. These activities introduce numbers, colors, objects, and animals. And what we adored the most about the cube is that various activities play 75+ melodies, songs, phrases, and sounds. You’ll also love its light-up piano keys, musical book pages, and the animal spinner.
- The toy has developmental benefits
- It has fun activities
- The songs are cheerful and the colors bright
- A great toy to explore and learn
- Has a lot of buttons to push
- It requires 2 AA batteries
- It is small and very lightweight
- Why we choose it: Unique and stunning features. The tablet is also interactive and has amazing smart pretend apps that allow kids to explore different things.
- The type of gift: Learning toy
Surprise your little one with a tablet just created for him this Christmas! LeapFrog My First Learning Tablet has more than 20 songs and melodies, 25 pretend apps, three play modes, and a light-up touch screen to give your kid a fantastic experience. We included it in the list because it encourages pretend play whilst kids listen to phrases about sports, weather, and health. Just like you scroll and go through various apps, your kid also gets to do the same only that the toy gives him a role-play excitement.
- It has unique patterns
- Kids can explore and listen to exciting phrases
- It is colorful and appealing
- A brilliant learning toy
- It is interactive with a ton of responsive content
- The batteries included does not last lost so, you’ll need a new pair
You may also interested to read,